PEN-200: Penetration Testing with Kali Linux
The industry-leading Penetration Testing with Kali Linux (PWK/PEN-200) course introduces penetration testing methodologies, tools, and techniques in a hands-on, self-paced environment. Access PEN-200’s first Learning Module for an overview of course structure, learning approach, and what the course covers.
Learners who complete the course and pass the exam will earn the OffSec Certified Professional (OSCP) certification which requires holders to successfully attack and penetrate various live machines in a safe lab environment. The OSCP is considered to be more technical than other ethical hacking certifications and is one of the few that requires evidence of practical penetration testing skills.
- The PEN-200 course and online lab prepares you for the OSCP penetration testing certification
- 24-hour exam
- Learn more about the exam
- Infosec professionals transitioning into penetration testing
- Pentesters seeking one of the best pentesting certifications
- Those interested in pursuing a penetration tester career path
- Security professionals
- Network administrators
- Other technology professionals
All learners are required to have:
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Reasonable Windows and Linux administration experience
- Familiarity with basic Bash and/or Python scripting
New to Penetration Testing? Set yourself up for success by subscribing to Learn Fundamentals. Adopt basic cybersecurity-adjacent concepts, cultivate the mindset necessary for a successful cybersecurity career, and provide the prerequisites for OffSec’s advanced courses. Subscribe today!
Access PEN-200’s first Learning Module
How to Enroll
Course & Cert
Fast-track your learning journey and earn a certificate in just 90 days. Includes one exam attempt.
One year of lab access to one OffSec course plus two exam attempts.
Unlimited OffSec Learning Library access plus unlimited exam attempts for one year.
PEN-200 is a unique course that combines traditional course materials with hands-on simulations, using a virtual lab environment. The course covers the following topics.
View the full syllabus.
- Penetration Testing with Kali Linux: General Course Introduction
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Effective Learning Strategies
- Report Writing for Penetration Testers
- Information Gathering
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Introduction to Web Applications
- Common Web Application Attacks
- SQL Injection Attacks
- Client-Side Attacks
- Locating Public Exploits
- Fixing Exploits
- Antivirus Evasion
- Password Attacks
- Windows Privilege Escalation
- Linux Privilege Escalation
- Advanced Tunneling
- The Metasploit Framework
- Active Directory Introduction and Enumeration
- Attacking Active Directory Authentication
- Lateral Movement in Active Directory
- Assembling the Pieces
- Trying Harder: The Labs
- Learn how to become a penetration tester by using information-gathering techniques to identify and enumerate targets running various operating systems and services
- Writing basic scripts and tools to aid in the penetration testing process
- Analyzing, correcting, modifying, cross-compiling, and porting public exploit code
- Conducting remote, local privilege escalation, and client-side attacks
- Identifying and exploiting XSS, SQL injection, and file inclusion vulnerabilities in web applications
- Leveraging tunneling techniques to pivot between networks
- Creative problem-solving and lateral thinking skills
- Over 60 machines, including mock OSCP exam sets
- Active Discord & Community
- Access to the virtual lab environment
- Closed Captioning is available for this course
If a learner needs more lab access time or needs to retake an exam, Exam Retakes & Lab Extensions can be purchased additionally through the OffSec Training Library.
- OSCP Certification Exam Retake Fee: $249
- PEN-200 lab access extension of 30 days: $359